Saturday 29 March 2014

Dialogue Exhibition

Last night I attended the opening night of Dialogue, an exhibition from two LCA Students who go by the name of Yoke (more here).

The idea was that people would submit screen printable work to them that they believe reflected communication to them. One persons work would then be screen printed on top of another persons work, thus bringing creative people together and giving a new way to start conversation between people.

I think the idea was excellent. However, I noticed that the work wasn't labelled with the names of the people who created it, which seems like a bit of a flaw to me, as that would've made it easier for people to talk to each other.

Whilst the work on display was massively varied because of how various people had interpreted the brief, I find it difficult to call the work "design", and more "art" because of how it was displayed in a manner where it's only use was to be seen.

This being said, there were some really nice pieces of work, and I think it demonstrated the difficulty in trying to balance a concept with the aesthetic, which was the main thing I took from the exhibition.

They had also produced some postcard sized prints that people could takeaway. I picked up the two below, as they made sense to me in terms of the brief, as well as looking nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment