Wednesday 14 May 2014

Studio Brief 2 - Outcome

Today I printed and produced my information pack, below
shows the printed folder itself.




There were a couple problems with the printing of this.
Initially I wanted to print on thicker stock to make it a bit
sturdier, but the printer didn't like the thicker stock, as
shown below.


Also, I didn't take into account that where I would be cutting
slits in my folder may have text on the back of it, which presented
be with a problem for production. I got round this by sticking
a bit of paper on the inside for the postcards to sit in rather
than a slot.




The postcards themselves were fairly simple to produce,
however, I very incompetently printed them too big, wasting
a lot of time, a few resources and a bit of money. I used
these as test prints though to decide which style I would use
for the actual product.


I found that at the size I had printed them, the double sided
print on coloured stock was quite flimsy, but then after I'd
chopped a spare bit down to the size that they would be for
the actual print, they were ok because the reduction in size
had made it sturdier. The ones mounted on black card were
more appropriate at this size, but would be quite fiddly to
produce at a smaller size, as well as it being difficult to
produce them accurately.

The final pack looks like this.




I'm really happy with what I produced. The only thing I'm a bit unhappy with is the choice of stock for the folder itself, which I wish was thicker, as the folder isn't particularly sturdy at the moment. But other than that, I think I achieved everything I set out to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment